Friday, November 5, 2010

In Memory of Those Who Have Gone Ahead of Me


I find myself writing this entry, just a couple of days after Día de los Muertos.

I put up some remembrances of Holly. I suppose I can post pictures here later.

October was also a month to remember my dear friend and co-worker, Tanisha, who as called to glory on 10/26/09. Never her equal shall I meet here on earth.

I am getting better at celebrating these times when I turn my memory back to people who have gone before me, but it is still mostly sadness that I feel. No longer regret. No longer guilt or agony. Just sadness.

In any case, here is a Laura Jansen song that I've enjoyed listening to recently [although I'm certain that I am taking some liberties with the meaning]: Laura Jansen - The End

And here, also, is a picture of the indomitable little Hollywog, whose battle started when she was only eight years old.

2 comments:

Graham Moody said...

The memory of departed ones is strong. I especially lament the death of dear Holliwog, who left a lot of life to be lived unlived. According to her mother she was at peace with it, and I believe that.
I don't like imagining her bones in the ground when I visit her at the cemetery. I wrote a song about that but I don't usually sing it because it makes the girls cry.

Unknown said...

I agree, Dad.

I think Holly did a pretty good job with her time here on Earth-- all things considered.

I believe what Mom says, too.

It's just hard for the rest of us.